Hello all, an update on Hedge Herbs’ first workshop series.
Workshops commence on Saturday 22nd September, 2-3.30pm (5 weeks course). They will be led by Rasheeqa Ahmad of Hedge Herbs but I’m now joined by fellow herbalist and nutritionist Charm Elakil, also Walthamstow-based and a cheery addition to the course, bringing her own special skills in gardening and making delightful concoctions…
The workshops will cover the following areas and will also be open to participants’ interests so if you have any particular herb favourites or ideas you want to explore – bring them to the table!
- Ideas and approaches of herbal medicine practice
- Its role in today’s world and its relations with orthodox medicine
- What herbs we can find, gather, cultivate here in east London, and when their seasons are
- Herb actions, applications and energies – using plants for our health and in illness
- What kinds of preparations we can make with herbs, what they are valuable for (including practical session)
- Lots of herb exploring: looking, smelling, tasting, eating, drinking!
If you’re interested in joining, contact me on 07784 506 494 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Workshops will run at The Mill in Walthamstow – 7-11 Coppermill Lane, E17 7HA – you can also drop in there to book a place, or ring them on 020 85213211.
Hope to see you there!