3 Sundays, 11am-2pm: 3rd, 10th & 17th February 2019
at The Mill, Coppermill Lane, Walthamstow, London E17 7HA
Learn how to make potent medicinal preparations with wild harvested and cultivated herbs for your home and community use: infusions & decoctions, tinctures, vinegars, syrups, powders for internal use and washes, compresses, poultices, plasters, infused oils, liniments, balms & creams for external use. Build and share communal practical skills with natural materials and learn different methods and techniques for creating effective and personalised medicines for your body, mind and soul. We will learn from each other’s knowledge, from a long tradition of skill and craft and from contemporary research and developments to co-create medicines we can rely upon. And have lots of fun!
£90 / £75 / £60 concessions for whole series or £30 / £25 per individual session: take home recipes and preparations that you make.
Book your place with Rasheeqa on 07784 506494 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
10 places available
Wednesdays, 6.30-9pm - 20th February, 27th February, 6th March, 13th March, 27th March, 3rd April (break on 20th March)
6-week foundation level course in herbal medicine with community herbalist Rasheeqa of Hedge Herbs.
8 places available
Popular intro course that will open the world of plants as medicine to you. Its aims are to start you on your journey in theory and practice of herbalism, and to venture into the experience of herbs as supporters of our health on many different levels. We will cover a rich range of approaches to learning herbs and you will be in a comfortable relaxed setting for sharing knowledge and collaborating in the journey. You will choose one plant to focus on through the course and make your own herbarium (collection of pressed plants).
All course materials are provided and you will take home preparations that we make.
- explore history, politics and current practice of herbal medicine in the UK and look briefly at traditional medicine systems from other parts of the world
- introduce the concepts and principles of herbal practice & connected healthcare
- connect experientially with a number of seasonal plants through the 6 weeks, with participants choosing one to focus on for deeper study
- find out how to develop different aspects of knowledge of medicinal plants (physical, botanical, pharmacological, traditional)
- learn about commonly-used plant medicine preparations and start to build skills to make these at home
We will also spend one day outdoors in the wild to explore botany and plant ID and connect with the plants we learn about in their growing environments.
Course fee: £200 / £175 / £150 – sliding scale according to income:
£200 (high wage – £20,000+ pa)
£175 (medium waged – £15,000-20,000 pa)
£150 (lower waged – £15,000 or less pa)
For info and booking please contact Rasheeqa on 07784 506494 or email email@example.com